Saturday, April 24, 2010

a quick tour ...

What a fantastic Spring day! I stopped for a minute to have lunch in the back yard this afternoon and decided to take a few photos to share. Spring is my absolute favorite season and for some reason the flowers seem extra pretty this year!


I just love this plant! I don't remember the exact name ... but I do remember buying them at Target a couple of years ago. They need very little maintenance and they're drought tolerant - two of my favorite qualities!

This vintage cement statue was once part of a larger fountain. Now she hangs out peacefully in the garden.

Old Bauer terra cotta pots are one of my favorite things to collect. I get so excited every time I find one at a flea market or estate sale. I love all of the details and the fact that I can still use them the way they were meant to be used!

This is my very favorite old birdbath. The big white cement dove makes me smile every time I see it. The blue jays and sparrows still take baths in it everyday.

Chester takes his afternoon nap on this glider everyday. Usually flipped over on his back with his feet in the air! I found this old glider somewhere along the Texas/Louisiana border in a front yard and had to have it. It's been restored and works great!

The tomatoes have been planted and they're already getting big! Lemon boy is still my favorite & I can't wait to start eating them! There's nothing better than eating a ripe tomato right off the vine on a hot summer day.

The artichokes are all ready to be picked and steamed!

I can't wait to start restoring this glider. I have a bit of an old patio furniture addiction. I'm thinking this bench will look great in red and white. Thoughts? I'll have to post a few photos when it's done! Have a great rest of the weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment